Comstock Elementary School—W. 620-33rd Avenue

Built in 1956, Comstock School was named for early Spokane entrepreneur James Comstock, who was responsible for the circa 1889 Comstock Dry Goods warehouse building on South Lincoln Street.  With partners, Comstock then developed the dry goods business into the Crescent Department Store in a different building in downtown Spokane.  In honor of James Comstock’s memory, the Comstock family built and developed Comstock Park, pools, and playgrounds.  In 1977, Comstock School was moved to 63rd Avenue & Regal Street on Browne’s Mountain, and is now known as Mullan Road Elementary School.   Some of the graduates in Lewis & Clark High School’s Graduating Class of 1968 previously attended Comstock School.

1956-1957 Comstock 1st grade

1957-1958 Comstock 2nd grade

1958-1959 Comstock 3rd grade

1960-1961 5th Grade - Mr. Yost


Top Row: Craig Richter, Ron Green, Tom Porter, Sonny Anderson, Bob Johnson, Bill Barany, Mr. D. Yost.

1st Row: Joe Stolz, Jeff Stier, Jean Jensen, Martha ?, Lee Kelly, Barbara Luth, Rob Wendle, Tom Brandt

1961-1962 Comstock 6th grade